Sunday, September 23, 2007

Brought to you by the letter "C"

Yesterday was Yom Kippur, so I decided it was time to learn names of foods. Mommy was too slow at getting my breakfast so I pointed to the cereal box and said "Chrrrrros." (I said it with an Israeli accent. What's up with that?)

Daddy didn't believe her. He didn't know he's supposed to name the food items when he gives them to me. But now he knows. So this morning he asked me if I wanted some cheese. I said "cheese." Three times.

Mommy is not ashamed to admit when she's made a mistake. She's trying to help us all sleep better by teaching me to stop waking up every hour to nurse from 4:30 to 6:30 before I'm ready to wake up in the morning. But it's not working. I wake up at 4:30 and cry until she comes and gets me and then I'm up for the day.
So of course we're all exhausted. I went down for a nap at 4:00 this afternoon and did not wake up. Mommy was so tired she wanted to go to bed too, but Grandma and Zayde said she'd better wake me up.

So she woke me up and we went shopping. It was my first time outside in the dark since I was a little baby and it was so cool. There were lights and lots of people and things to see and music blasting and car horns beeping. When we went to the car I continuing on my C-word theme, I said "car."

After a few errands we came home and I had dinner and a bath and went to bed at 8:00. We'll see what time I wake up tomorrow.

P.S. I am now officially attached to my stuffed Torah. When I wake up in the morning or from a nap, I reach for my blankie (which is inevitably on the floor) and after Mommy gets it for me I reach for my Torah. Only then do I want to be picked up out of my crib.

No comments: