Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Yom Ha'atzmaut

Today was my first Yom Ha'atzmaut - Israel's 59th Independence Day!

I missed the festivities last night because they were past my bedtime. Mommy stayed home with me while Daddy went to shul and then 3 BBQs.
I ate almost a whole pear for lunch! I barely wanted anything to do with my oatmeal and chicken soup. Here is a video of me eating my pear.




Mommy and I dressed in blue and white went to town to meet the Runyans. Nothing was going on in town but we had a nice walk to Independence Park (how fitting). Estie & Sefi ran around on the grass and I climbed around on a bench.




Then we stopped for ice cream (everyone got some, except me) and walked to the Kantors' house. I took a nap in Mendel's crib and then we all had dinner together.

In honor of Yom Ha'atzmaut I had my first taste of hummus - I liked it! Then we all played together. When Daddy came to pick us up, there were fireworks but I was more excited to see Daddy.
Here is a video of me playing at the Kantors' and trying to color a picture! (Mommy didn't realize I had a crayon till later.) Just ignore the boring grown-ups talking in the background.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I found the blog!
Eliana, tell Mommy we had so much together!
Love, Esti, Sefi and Mendel