Thursday, December 11, 2008

Party Time

When I woke up from my nap today Mommy told me we were going to the birthday party of a friend from school. Later she asked me to tell Daddy where we were going and I said "Pahlo." She was confused because she knows I can say the words "birthday" and "party." Then she realized I was trying to say "Betzalel." That's the name of the birthday boy.

At the party I had a bite of a bagel and then made my way over to the ice cream cake. They wanted to serve me, but before I would tell them which kind of cake I wanted I first had to choose my bowl. Each one was shaped like an animal and I sat on the floor looking through the whole stack for one shaped like a dog. I didn't find one, so I just used the very last bowl in the pile - a lobster.

Mommy's sorry that her camera is broken because it would have made a very cute picture when the two of us were sitting on the floor eating our ice cream cake, while Ami sat on Mommy's lap and watched.

After the cake I took one cookie for me and one for Mommy. But then I saw a girl eating grapes and asked Mommy to get me some. I went and put my half-eaten cookie back in the serving bowl, in exchange for a cup full of grapes. One of the mommies was very impressed and said she would be shepping nachas if her kid chose fruit over cookies.

Then I took another cookie for me and another one for Mommy and offered another one to a little girl. I took a bite or two of my cookie and put that one back in the serving bowl too.

All the kids were playing downstairs but I found a balloon and ran around the kitchen throwing it in the air and kicking it around. I also enjoyed looking in the full-size mirrors all over the house. When I found Betzalel's room I wanted to read ALL of his books.

I did not want to leave the party but Betzalel looked tired and Mommy said if we don't go home we can't come back to play another day. On the way home we listed all the junk I ate at the party - cookies, ice cream cake, a chocolate bar from my goody bag, and juice. I like saying "junk, junk, junk." Usually when we brush my teeth Mommy pretends she is finding different animals that are hiding in my mouth. Tonight she just brushed away all the different kinds of junk that were hiding in there!

In the car on the way home from the party I said "shoes off." Mommy said "Please don't take your shoes off, we're almost home." I took them off and then said "socks off." Mommy said "If you take your socks off you'll be very cold." After taking my socks off I said "Feet off!" You gotta hand it to me, I sure do have a sense of humor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how many times did you have to repeat yourself till Mommy knew you said Betzalel? I know how you say it over & over so mommy can figure it out :)