Thursday, November 22, 2007

Things I know and love

A day or two ago I started walking much more steadily. I walk more and fall less.

The first body parts that most babies learn are eyes, nose and mouth. I know nose, hair, tongue, teeth and belly button. Please don't ask me where my ear is. It sounds too much like "hair."

I understand EVERYTHING. If Daddy asks me where my socks are, I show him where I hid them under a couch cushion. If Mommy mentions the word "book," I go straight to the book shelf and bring her one to read me. And when she says she's going to the potty I sign "bath" because I know that's where the potty is. They'd better watch out - before they know it I'll understand the words they're spelling too.

I am OBSESSED with shoes. This has been going on for over a month now. If I find Mommy's shoes anywhere in the house (only Mommy's; Daddy's are boring) I bring them to her and say "shh" and insist that she put them on. Sometimes I only bring h er one. Then she looks funny walking around in one shoe. Sometimes I bring her three and she doesn't know what to do with them. Sometimes I bring her one black and one pink. Sometimes she's already wearing shoes and has to take them off and put on the ones I brought her. (Good thing she always wears slip-ons!) Sometimes she is laying in bed and I put a shoe next to her head. She always says "thank you" and puts it on her foot, even if she'd rather be sleeping.

I've been waking up earlier and earlier these days. I used to wake up at 5:00 but now it's closer to 4:15 or 4:30. The earlier I wake up, the more I get to talk to Grandma and Zayde on the webcam! This is a much better time for them than when I usually call them and they are busy getting ready for work. They say they feel bad for Mommy, having to get up so early with me, but I think they secretly like it!

This morning was Sefi Runyan's Upsherin at the kotel. It was my second time there, but the first time we had a camera. Mommy gave some tzeddaka and snipped a lock of Sefi's hair while Jeffrey held me in one hand and Mendel in the other. Then we had some nosh. (Well, Mommy noshed and I threw food.)


No comments: