Saturday, September 20, 2008

Learning Curve

On Wednesday Daddy told me that someone special was coming to see us on a hai-pane. I insisted it would be Denny, even though Daddy kept telling me it was Grandma. When Grandma arrived I was so excited that I followed her around the house like a little puppy dog. I only want Grandma to read to me, feed me, dress me, everything. When I wake up in the morning I call "Gamma! Gamma!"

Mommy complains that my class is too slow for me and I need to skip a grade because we are learning things like the number one and the color red, both of which I have known for months already. I know almost all the numbers through ten, and the following colors: wed, oggie, yeyyow, geen, boo, popo, pink (which I knew for awhile, then insisted was red for a couple of weeks, and re-learned this week), back, white, gay, bown and goadie (gold).

But over the weekend Mommy, Daddy and Grandma got to see all the great things I learned in school this week. When Grandma let me take home the change from the grocery store on Thursday, she said we would put it in tzeddaka. I was so excited and said "dakka!" and put it right in the tzeddaka box.

On Friday night Mommy and Grandma lit their Shabbat candles. When I saw them I said "Shabbos! Mein (Amen)!" Last week I was the Ima at our school Shabbat party - I got to wear a tichel and a special necklace name tag that said "Shabbat Ima." Grandma asked me who the Abba was and I told her Shlomo, which was more information than Mommy was able to get out of me all week.

Grandma brought me a book about Rosh Hashana and I said "shana!" This morning Mommy and I were eating an apple and she sang the "Dip the apple in the honey" song that we learned at school. All morning I sang "Dip - honey! Dip - honey!"

No comments: