Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Grandma & Bubbie!

Tomorrow is Grandma Helene's 50th birthday and Great-Grandmom Helen's 70th birthday. They are getting a BIG surprise for their presents!

Mommy emailed Baby's ultrasound picture to Zayde (she got the ultrasound done yesterday, especially for the birthdays) and called him on the phone. Zayde was so surprised and happy! He helped Mommy make a birthday card, printed it out, and bought flowers (irises). Then he went home from work early to deliver them to Grandma before her flight to celebrate her birthday with Great-Aunt Ruthie and Nachama in Tampa.

When Grandma opened the card, she was so surprised she had to sit down! She couldn't even see straight, so Zayde had to dial the phone. Grandma said it was the best present ever!

Here is the poem that Mommy wrote in the birthday card:

My little hands can't write yet,
My little mouth can't speak.
I can't yet hug you, Grandma,
Or kiss you on the cheek.

But still I want to wish you
A happy day today -
Though we'll have to wait awhile
Till you can come and play.

I cannot wait to meet you
I know I'll love you so.
But until September
I need more time to grow.

So I'll wait here in Mommy's belly
Floating in the water.
But I'll be thinking of you, Grandma.

Love,
Your Grandson or Granddaughter

No comments: